Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Halimah as-Sadiyyah (ra), Prophet’s (pbuh) Mother by milk

"Then I went to his mother and I took him, and wallahi, I took him only because I couldn’t find another child"

This great woman is in the hearts of all Muslims. From her breasts she was feeding the blessed child, who years later brought glad tidings to all mankind.

Muhammad, the son of Abdullah (pbuh).

He ate from her breasts, he grew up in her arms fulfilled with love and care, and from her, he learned pure Arabic Language in her tribe Benu Sad, where he was the best speaker. She is a respected woman of Ummah, Halimah as-Sadiyyah, the Prophet's (pbuh) mother by milk.

She told us a great story about Muhammad (pbuh), a story about man who brought on this world kindness, mercy, nice behaving, and pureness. You must not miss this story!

Unforgetable journey:

Halimah as-Sadiyyah is talking:

“Me and my husband (al-Haris ibn Abduluzza as-Sadi) and one group of women of our tribe Benu Sad went to Mekkah to find newborn children who needed milk as food. The year was very poor and cows and sheeps were not giving not even bit of milk, the same was with the land. We had nothing. We had two old and skinny camiles who didn’t give not even a bit of milk. Me and my son were on the one camile, and my husband was on the other, older and skinner one.

Wallahi we didn’t sleep during all night because of our son’s crying. He was very hungry, the milk from my breasts was not enough to make him calm and satisfied. Our camiles were very weak and slow and because of that the people who were with us were angry saying our trip became harder because of us. After I came to Mekkah looking for a baby I will feed, something really unexpected happened to me.

One boy was offered to every woman, it was Muhammad, the son of Abdullah, but all women refused him because he was an orphan. We used to say: “What can we expect from a child who has no father? What can his grandfather offer us?” Two days passed and all women found their babies, except me. When we wanted to go back home I said to my husband: “I don’t want to go home without a baby which I will feed with my breasts. Don’t you see that all women found one. Wallahi I will go back and take that orphan and accept him” My husband replied me: “Alright, do it! Maybe Allah will bless us with him”

Then I went to his mother and I took him, and wallahi, I took him only because I couldn’t find another child.

After that, I came back to my husband, on the place where we were when we came to Mekkah, and I took the child and put him near my breast so he can take it and eat. In my breast was no milk, but when he started to suck, the milk came in to my breasts and he and his brother by milk, ate all long until they were satisfied. After that both of them were sleeping. Me and my husband also lay down next to them to sleep because night before we couldn’t sleep because of our son’s crying.

Big fortune because of a blessed child:

In that moment my husband turned around to my old camile and he saw she has a lot of milk. He couldn’t believe what he sees, he was very surprised. He stood up and went to the camile and he drank the milk and then he brought a lot of milk for me too, and after that we went to sleep with full stomachs and very happy. In the morning my husband said to me: “Halimah, you took a blessed child”

When I was leaving Mekkah I stood up with a child in my arms and I sat down on a camile. And then a big miracle happened, suddenly our camile was so fast and strong and other camiles couldn’t speed up as much as she could. The other women said to me: “Wait, o Abu Zuaib’s daughter, slow down! Isn’t that the old camile you came here with?” And I answered: “Yes, it is the same one!” They were shocked and saying: “Wallahi, something strange happened to her!”

After the journey, finally we came home, and there, new miracles were expecting us. Wallahi, I remember that land where our tribe, Benu Sad, lived, that it was so poor and dry and suddenly, there was a lot of grass and every day our sheep’s ate so much and we had so much milk like nobody else could have.

The people used to say to shepherd’s: “Poor you, let your sheep’s eat grass where Halimah’s sheep’s eat!” So they did, but their sheep’s still had no milk and ours had so much milk! A lot of fortune came into our home until it was time to stop feeding Muhammad, two years already passed.

During these two years he was stronger than other boys of his age. Then we returned him to his mother even we wanted him so much to stay with us just a little bit more, because of blessings we had with him. When I met his mother, I told her that her child is good and I asked her to leave her son with me just few more years until he get stronger and older. I said I was afraid he might get sick because in that period illness in Mekkah was intensive. Finally she accepted. We came back happy.

The angels removed the dirt from Muhammad’s heart:

Few months later, something happened which disturbed and confused us very much. One day Muhammad went out with his brother by milk to take care of sheep’s behind our houses. Suddenly, few minutes later, the child came running and saying: “Save my brother! Two men in white took him and opened his chess!”

My husband and I ran out to Muhammad. We found him scared and stressed. My husband hugged him, and I put him on my chess and asked: “What happened son?” He said: “Two men in white came to me, they lay me down on the ground, they opened my chess and took something, I don’t know what, then they left me and went away.”

We came back home with him very disturbed. My husband turned around to me and said with tears in his eyes: “I am afraid that something is going on with this blessed child, something that is out of our control. Give him back to his family, they will know what to do with him.”

The return to his mother Aminah:

We took the boy to Mekkah, back to his mother’s house. When she saw us she was very surprised. She asked me: “Halimah, why are you bringing Muhammad when you wanted him to be with you so much? I said: “He is stronger and older by now, I have done everything I had to do for him, and also I am afraid something might happen to him” She said: “Tell me the truth! These are not the reasons why you wanted him to stay with you!” She wanted me to tell her the truth so much so I told her what happened. That calmed her down and she said: “Halimah, you were you not afraid that devil (shaytan) might hurt him?” I said: “Yes” She said: “No wallahi, the shaytan can never harm my son! My son is going to be a giant of mankind. Do you want me to tell you something about Muhammad?” I said: “Of course” She said: “When I found out that I was pregnant, caring Muhammad, I had a dream that light came out of me which lightened the casttles of Bushra in Sham. And when I gave birth to him, he leaned on his hands on the ground and looked up into the sky!” Then she said: “No problem, leave him and go, may goodness always follow you on your way. May Allah reward you with every khayr for taking care of Muhammad”

My husband and I came back home very sad and our son too, because of leaving Muhammad ibn Abdullah.”

Halimah as-Sadiyyah lived very long. She saw Muhammad as grown man, and as a leader of all Arabs and as Messenger of Allah. She came to him after she accepted Islam and Qur’an. When he saw her, he was so happy and running to her he was saying: “Mother, mother..!”

He took off his gown and put it down on the ground so she can sit on it. He was trying to make her comfortable as much as he could. That not everyday’s sight of truly beneficence towards a mother, Prophet's (pbuh) companions observed with special attention and admiration.


No comments:

Post a Comment