Thursday, August 20, 2020

An update from a Sister on Camp Roj

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/70/23/f1/7023f120fc1e4f53295fa1a4a2e18fce.png

During the past couple of weeks we have seen drastic changes in the behaviour of the guards and camp management. They are entering tents very frequently and whenever they want, and they are harassing us in the streets by threatening us with prison if we don't abide by the new camp rules. Many are unfortunately unaware of the conditions in the prisons and are therefore unable to understand why we are obeying our enemies.

Imagine being dragged into a dark room with no light or windows. All what you get to eat is some old pieces of bread with mold on it once a day. You're not allowed to speak to anyone. You're suffocating because of the heat and lack of air. You hardly get any water to drink. You're not allowed to use the bathroom. Now imagine that you have small children with you in this room, who are going through the same as you, without the enemies showing any mercy. In fact, you know they enjoy seeing your suffering, weakness and helplessness. On top of that you are slapped, beaten and stripsearched in front of your kids, while they are crying and screaming. They see nothing wrong with letting males be present while the awrah is being uncovered. It's hard to say if it's better for the kids to stay up to one year in the camp without their mother or to be in prison with her and go through all this with her. We really don't know what is more damaging to their physical and psychological health. And all of this is just a very brief description of the reality. It would take pages and pages to write down all the details.

Anyone who is caught with a phone or breaks any other rule here in the camp will from now on face prison for 8 months up to 1 year. Several women have been taken to prison these past couple of weeks, while their kids are left behind and the only thing we can do is sincere Dua.

I'm sitting here, considering to cut my Khimar to make it smaller, just to avoid problems. Forearms must be visible and maximum length is until the waistline. It must by tighter, so the shape of my body would be more apparent. They would prefer for it to be more revealing, of course, but I'm trying to figure out how I can cut it so I'll still be covered as much as possible while also avoiding getting into trouble with the camp manager. Never did it cross my mind that I would be put in a situation where this decision has to be made. Can you imagine the feeling of being forced to cut short your hijab because of fear of having it ripped off in the middle of the street? The ummah isn't doing anything to help us get out of here, and the so-called men apparently couldn't care less about our honor being violated. This is the true humiliation indeed!

I had never thought these thoughts would ever cross my mind. I had never imagined I would actually end up considering adjusting my clothing according to the wishes of a Taghoot... But what else should I do when the ummah is putting me down and giving me every reason to lose hope? While writing this I'm terrified because my safety is at risk, but the world needs to know this. I constantly check if anyone is around my tent. After seeing how sisters were taken to prison and how their children are suffering without their mothers, I have completely lost peace of mind. They are depressed and sad. They don't laugh, smile or speak anymore. They are just quiet and numb while they're losing weight and becoming pale.

Yes, we put our trust in Allah and we take our precautions, but these filthy creatures have managed to put extreme fear in our hearts because of their merciless behaviour. Imagine someone is standing and just enjoying the scene of a panicing mother in distress who is hugging and kissing her crying kids goodbye before she is taken away. Imagine her kids screaming and running behind the car trying to reach their mother who is being snatched away from them.

It has reached a point where I have even almost given up asking people to make dua because I have seen and experienced the lack concern, even though making dua doesn't cost any time, effort or money. But people simply do not care.

No comments:

Post a Comment