Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Fazaa’il-e-Amaal...


http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51YgB5eJNYL._AC_UL320_SR204,320_.jpg
Fazaa’il-e-Amaal, written by Moulana Zakariyyah, is an Authoritative book used by the Tablighi Jamaat world-over and has been translated into several languages.
It is full of fabricated stories promoting shirk!!!

For example, it mentions a story of two brothers whose father died leaving behind an inheritance, which included three strands of hair of Allah’s Messenger (saws).
“The brothers divided the property in half so that they had one strand of hair each. However they disputed about the third strand of hair. So the elder brother agreed to give the younger brother all the three strands of hair if the younger brother gave up his share of the property, to which the younger brother agreed.
When the younger brother died, many pious people dreamt of the Holy Prophet (saws) who told them, “If a person has any need he should ask it from Allah sitting at the side of his grave.” “[Fazaa’il-e-Amaal, ch.5, p.128]

The futility of this story is too obvious to even refute, for indeed Prophet (saws) forbade taking graves as places of worship, and begging Allah of ones needs (i.e., du’aa) is worship, as he (saws) said:
Du’aa is worship (I'baadah).” [Abu Dawood]

So it seems quite strange that the Messenger of Allah (saws) would tell someone to do something which he himself forbade! And likewise, the book is full of fabricated stories which not only serve no purpose but contradict the very fundamentals of this Deen.
Doing du’aa to other than Allah is shirk and futile. Even though this is a fundamental principle of Islam, the Tablighi Jamaat promote calling out to the Prophet (saws) and complaining to him about one’s needs.
The following stories from Fazaa’il-e-A’maal shows this:

Hazrat Ibn Jalaa relates, “While in Madinah, I once suffered tremendous hunger. It became so unbearable that I presented myself at the grave of the Messenger of Allah (saws) and said, ‘O Messenger of Allah, I suffer great hunger. I am now your guest. 
Thereafter, sleep overtook me and in a vision, I saw the Messenger of Allah (saws) give me a piece of bread. I ate half of it and when I woke up, I found myself with the other half of that piece of bread still in my hands.”
[Fazaa’il-e-Amaal, ch.9, p.178]

In Madinah there lived a woman from the Haashimee family whose servants used to ill-treat her. She went with her complaints to the Messenger of Allah (saws) where she poured her heart out.
From the grave she heard this reply, ‘Do you not prefer to follow my excellent example? Have patience, as I patiently persevered.
She then said, ‘After hearing that voice, all my grief disappeared and all the servants who used to annoy me passed away.’
[Fazaa’il-e-A’maal, ch.9, p. 175]
This story yet again, as is obvious, is promoting nothing but shirk. As Muslims we complain to none but Allah (see Quraan, 12:86), however this story is promoting otherwise.

Three men fasted for days on end since they could not find food. One of them went to the grave of the Messenger of Allah (saws) and said, ‘O Messenger of Allah, hunger has overtaken us.
Soon afterwards a man from the Alawi family knocked at the door. They opened the door and found a man with two servants, each one carrying a large basket with many delicious foods. Then the man from the Alawi family said before leaving, ‘You have complained about hunger to the Messenger of Allah. I have seen the Messenger of Allah in a dream and he commanded me to bring food to you.
[Fazaa’il-e-A’maal, ch.9, p. 177]

As is the norm in the book Fazaa’il-e-Amaal, there are numerous stories which promote such false stories which cause nothing but corruption to one’s ‘Aqeedah. Hence the reason our belief teaches us to not blind follow anyone, no matter how religious a person may sound, always check/recheck your sources and resources before acting upon any religious matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment