Friday, March 16, 2012

Aafiyah ... Al Utbah ...


The Supplication of Prophet (pbuh) after the way he was treated by the people of Taaif:

O Allah, to you I complain of the frailty of my strength, the deficiency of my stratagem and my humiliation at the people.
O Most Merciful of those who show mercy.
You are the Lord of the feeble and oppressed and You are my Lord.
O Allah to whom will you entrust me ?
To a distant one who will receive me in an odious way or to an enemy, whom You will put me in possession of ?
If you are not angry at me, then I am indifferent save that Your aafiyah is more expansive for me.
I take refuge in the Light of Your face, which has radiated over the darkness and put the affairs of this world and the Hereafter in order, from Your discontentment descending upon me or that Your anger set down upon me.
To You is my al-utbah until You are pleased and there is no might nor power except by You.

Related by Ibn Ishaaq in as-Seerah

" aafiyah " possible meaning ... your protection of me from the people.
" al-utbah " possible meaning ... I plead to You and constantly apologies for my wrong doings until You become pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment