Friday, December 20, 2019

Abu Bakr as-Siddiq's monumental stance !

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/05/fd/6d/05fd6d408f997b138ed7616d7418fec5.jpg

‘Umar (ra) said, “By He in whose hand is my soul, if Abū Bakr had obeyed us, we would have committed kufr in a single morning, and that was when they asked him to go easy concerning zakāh [by not waging war against the apostates over it], but he refused. He said, ‘If they were to withhold from me a short rope, I would wage jihād against them over it.’” [Musannaf Ibn Abī Shaybah]

He (ra) also said, “We almost committed kufr in a single morning if not that Allah saved us through Abū Bakr as-Siddīq (ra).” [Al-Ibānah al-Kubrā]

Abū Rajā’ al-‘Utāridī said, “I entered al-Madīnah and saw the people gathered around a man kissing the head of another while the kisser was saying, ‘May I be killed in your defense! If not for you, we would have been ruined.’ So I asked, ‘Who is the kisser and who is the one being kissed?’ They said, ‘That is ‘Umar kissing Abū Bakr’s head for his war against the people of apostasy who resisted zakāh.” [Tārīkh Dimashq]

Abū Hurayrah (ra) said, “By He other than whom there is no god, if Abū Bakr had not been appointed khalīfah, Allah would not be worshipped on the Earth!” He repeated this three times. [Al-I’tqād – al-Bayhaqī]

Wakī’ Ibn al-Jarrāh said, “If not for Abū Bakr, Islam would have perished.” [Al-Ibānah al-Kubrā]


Al-Hasan al-Basrī said, “The Arabs apostatized, so Abū Bakr consulted the people concerning them. They all counseled him to accept prayer from them and leave zakāh up to them. So he said, ‘By Allah, if they were to withhold a short rope that they used to give Rasūlullāh (saws), I would wage jihād against them.’ If not for what Abū Bakr had done, the people would have practiced ilhād (heresy) concerning zakāh until Resurrection Day.” [Tārīkh Dimashq]

‘Umar (ra) said, “By Allah, a day or night of Abū Bakr’s (ra) is better than ‘Umar and the family of ‘Umar since they were born … As for the day then it was the day that Rasūlullāh (saws) passed away and those who apostatized from the Arabs apostatized and said, ‘We will pray but not give zakāh nor collect it. So I came to him never neglecting to advise him. I said, ‘O Khalīfah of Rasūlullāh, attract the people and be soft with them, for it is as if they’ve been deserted.’ So he said, ‘I had hoped for your support and you came with your forsaking? Are you severe in Jāhiliyyah and cowardly in Islam? With what may I attract them? With contrived poetry or fabricated sorcery? That can never be! The Prophet (saws) passed away, the revelation has ceased, and the religion has been completed. Shall it decrease while I am still alive! By Allah, I will wage jihād against them as long as my hand can still hold the sword, even if they only withhold from me a short rope!’ So I saw him to be wiser and firmer than me in this. He disciplined the people over maters, making their hardships easier for me to deal with when I was given authority over them. This was his day.” [Musnad al-Fārūq – Ibn Kathīr; Jāmi’ al-Usūl – Ibnul-Athīr]


Abū Hurayrah (ra) said, “When Rasūlullāh (saws) passed away, Abū Bakr was appointed khalīfah after him, and the Arabs apostatized, ‘Umar (ra) said, ‘How can you fight the people when Rasūlullāh (saws) has said, ‘I was ordered to fight the people until they say, ‘There is no god but Allah.’ So whoever says it, then his wealth and blood is saved from me except by its due right, and their judgment is for Allah.’’ Abū Bakr said, ‘By Allah, I will fight those who differentiate between prayer and zakāh, for zakāh is from the right due upon wealth. By Allah, if they were to resist giving me a short rope that they used to give to Rasūlullāh (saws), I would fight them over their resistance to giving it.’ ‘Umar (ra) said, ‘By Allah, as soon as I saw that Allah opened Abū Bakr’s heart (ra) towards war, I knew it to be the truth.’” [Al-Bukhārī and Muslim]

No comments:

Post a Comment