Friday, January 13, 2012

The Boy & the Cookie, a True Story to Melt your Heart

 Allah’s Messenger (pbuh) said: "The thing I fear for you the most is ash-Shirk al-Asghar (minor shirk). The companions asked: "O Messenger of Allah, what is minor shirk?" He (pbuh) replied, "‘Ar-Riyaa’ (showing off), for verily Allah will say on the Day of Resurrection when people are receiving their rewards, “Go to those for whom you were showing off in the material world and see if you can find any reward from them”" (Ahmad, at-Tabarani & al-Bayhaqi)



One thing that I always remind my Sisters that Insha'Allah do whatever you do purely for the sake of Allah and don't let anyone know except Allah what you have done for Him, except if needed to motivate a Muslim or if you think sharing that deed would give them some Hidayah/guidance... And yet SubhanAllah how many of us show off or just share our Deeds, our Charity, our Ibadaah, our Fasts with our Friends & Family... Why say "Oh I Fasted yesterday or I'm Fasting today", Why say "Oh I finished the Quraan yesterday or I prayed Tahajjud", Why say "I have given this much in charity, I have done this and this for my Ummah"... why ya Muslimeen ?!?! Why tell others what you are doing or have done today or yesterday for Allah's sake, for your own Imaan, for your own Akhira... Sharing will not increase your reward rather it'll bring in the waswasa of the Shaytaan causing pride, arrogance or also Allah forbid resulting your entire Deed to be rejected by Allah... FEAR ALLAH & keep your Ikhlaas strong Insha'Allah.

Insha'Allah I will lastly end with a Sahih Hadith mentioned in an amazing lecture by our beloved Shk Anwar al-Awlaki
(Shaheed Insha'Allah) where he quoted A man came to the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) and told him: “I have been fasting everyday,” The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said: “Neither did you fast nor did break your fast.”

Commentary on the above Hadith: By bragging about your fasting you lost the reward of it so it is as if you didn’t fast. It is similar to any action/ good deed done by ones self for the sake of Allah and only Allah alone knows and yet you lose its reward by sharing or bragging it to others.

The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said: “Whoever shows off his deeds, Allah would belittle, and humiliate him.” (At-Tabarani)

No comments:

Post a Comment